Roasted beetroot and barley salad with balsamic and blue cheese
The ingredient of Roasted beetroot and barley salad with balsamic and blue cheese
- four medium beetroot (about 180g each), scrubbed, trimmed
- five tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup (200g) pearl barley, rinsed, drained well
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shallot (approximately 2 shallots), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 60g child rocket leaves
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, cored, shaved on a vegetable slicer or mandolin
- 1/2 cup (60g) pecans, lightly toasted, very coarsely chopped
- 90g blue cheese, crumbled (approximately 3/4 cup)
The instruction how to make Roasted beetroot and barley salad with balsamic and blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan-forced).
- Place beetroot in a roasting pan. Rub withu20282 tsp of oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover pan tightly with foil and roast beetroot for 1 1/4 hours or till just smooth. Cool barely. When cool sufficient to address, use a towel to rub off beetroot skins. Cut beetroot into 2cm portions and place in a medium bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tsp of oil in a medium saucepan over medium-excessive heat. Add barley and cook dinner, stirring, for two minutes or until toasted. Add 3 cups (750ml) of water and 1 tsp of salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover pan and simmer for 35 minutes or until barley is tender. Drain properly and set apart to cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, whisk each vinegars, shallot, sugar and last four tbs of oil to mix. Season with salt and pepper. Add 2 tbs of French dressing to cooked beetroot and toss to coat.
- Place barley in a mound on a serving platter. Top with rocket and fennel and drizzle with some of the French dressing. Top with beetroot, pecans and blue cheese and serve with closing French dressing.
Nutritions of Roasted beetroot and barley salad with balsamic and blue cheesefatContent: 691.666 calories
saturatedFatContent: 42 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 54 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 23 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 16 grams protein