Caramelised scallops with beetroot, walnuts and witlof
The ingredient of Caramelised scallops with beetroot, walnuts and witlof
- 1 bunch infant beetroot, scrubbed
- 1 green apple, quartered, cored
- 2 purple witlof (Belgian endive), leaves separated
- 100g wild rocket leaves
- eight-12 scallops, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons kind of chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/four cup (60ml) olive oil or walnut oil (see Notes)
- 2 tablespoons crimson wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
The instruction how to make Caramelised scallops with beetroot, walnuts and witlof
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place beetroot on a large sheet of foil, then enclose to form a parcel. Roast for 1 hour or till beetroot is tender. Cool the beetroot, then peel and reduce into wedges.
- For the dressing, whisk the olive or walnut oil, vinegar, honey and mustard collectively in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and lighten with a dash of water. Thickly slice the apple, then toss inside the dressing with the witlof and rocket. Set aside whilst you prepare dinner the scallops.
- Heat a dry frypan over medium warmness. Brush scallops with oil and season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. In batches, sear scallops for 30 seconds each aspect until caramelised on the outdoor but still opaque within the centre.
- Divide salad amongst plates, then tuck in scallops, beetroot and walnuts, drizzle with any ultimate dressing and serve.
Nutritions of Caramelised scallops with beetroot, walnuts and witloffatContent: 324.084 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 21.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 7.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 11 milligrams cholesterol