The ingredient of Beetroot dip
- 1 medium (approximately 240g) beetroot, root and stem trimmed
- 1 half tablespoons cumin seeds
- 260g (1 cup) simple yoghurt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon clean thyme leaves
- Pinch of salt
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Beetroot dip
- Place the unpeeled beetroot in a medium saucepan and cowl with lots of bloodless water. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and convey to the boil over excessive heat. Remove the lid, reduce heat to medium and prepare dinner for 25 mins or until beetroot is smooth when tested with a skewer. Drain and set aside for 15 minutes or till cool sufficient to address.
- Put on rubber gloves to avoid staining your fingers and peel the beetroot. Set aside for 1 hour or till cooled to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, region the cumin seeds in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium warmness. Cook, stirring continuously, for 30 seconds or till aromatic. Remove from warmth and set aside.
- Cut the beetroot into massive pieces, place inside the bowl of a meals processor and process until clean. Add the yoghurt, garlic and thyme, and technique till nicely combined. Taste and season with salt.
- Sprinkle the beetroot dip with the toasted cumin seeds and serve with the crusty bread.
Nutritions of Beetroot dipfatContent: 128.343 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 15 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 14 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 5 grams protein