Roast beetroot & walnut salad
The ingredient of Roast beetroot & walnut salad
- eight medium beetroot, ends trimmed
- 100g walnut kernels
- 1 purple onion, finely chopped
- 60ml (1/four cup) red wine vinegar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) greater virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1 orange
- half cup chopped clean continental parsley
The instruction how to make Roast beetroot & walnut salad
- Preheat oven to 200C. Wrap every beetroot bulb in foil. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 1 hour or until soft whilst pierced with a skewer. Set aside to chill barely. Wearing rubber gloves to keep away from staining your fingers, peel the beetroot. Cut into 3cm pieces.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the walnuts and cook dinner, stirring regularly, for 1 minute or till aromatic.
- Combine walnuts and onion in a big bowl. Whisk the vinegar, oil and cumin in a jug. Season with salt and pepper. Use a zester to do away with the rind from orange. (Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel the rind from orange. Use a small sharp knife to remove white pith from the rind. Cut the rind into very thin strips.)
- Add beetroot and dressing to the walnut mixture. Gently toss to mix. Cover and set aside to develop the flavours.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and orange rind to serve.
Nutritions of Roast beetroot & walnut saladfatContent: 282.02 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 17 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 6.5 grams protein