Beetroot, kumara and potato crisps
The ingredient of Beetroot, kumara and potato crisps
- 285g (1 1/4 cups) white sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- half of teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/four teaspoon ground allspice
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 beetroot bulbs
- 1 medium (about 350g) orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled
- 2 big (approximately 200g each) desiree potatoes, unpeeled, washed, dried
The instruction how to make Beetroot, kumara and potato crisps
- Preheated oven to a hundred and eightyu00b0C. Line 2 massive baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine sugar, water, chilli and allspice in a small saucepan. Season with salt and pepper. Stir over low warmness for five minutes or till sugar dissolves. Remove from warmth. Set aside for 10 mins to cool.
- Wearing rubber gloves to keep away from staining your hands, trim and peel beetroot. Cut beetroot into 1-2mm-thick slices and place in a bowl. Cut candy potato and potato into 1-2mm-thick slices and vicinity in a separate bowl.
- Add sugar combination to candy potato and potato slices and toss to coat. Set apart for 10 mins to soak. Transfer candy potato and potato slices to a colander to drain. Reserve sugar mixture.
- Place the sweet potato and potato slices, in a single layer, on prepared trays. Bake in preheated oven, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 20-half-hour or till mild brown and crisp. (Remove slices from oven once brown, as theyll cook at different fees.) Place crisps on wire racks to chill.
- Meanwhile, upload reserved sugar aggregate to beetroot. Set apart for 10 minutes to soak. Drain. Place the beetroot, in a single layer, on prepared trays. Bake in oven, swapping trays midway throughcooking, for 20-30 minutes or till light brown and crisp. Remove from oven. Place on cord racks to chill.
- Place crisps in a bowl and serve with dips.
Nutritions of Beetroot, kumara and potato crispsfatContent: 210.32 calories
saturatedFatContent: 0.5 grams fat
sugarContent: 48 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 5 grams protein