Orange & mustard beetroot
The ingredient of Orange & mustard beetroot
- 6 small (approximately 125g every) trimmed beetroot bulbs
- 50g (2 half of tablespoons) butter
- 2 eschalots (French shallots), chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 125ml (half cup) white wine (riesling)
- 60ml (1/four cup) clean orange juice
- 55g (1/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- Salt & freshly floor black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sparkling chives
The instruction how to make Orange & mustard beetroot
- Place the beetroot bulbs in a big saucepan and cover with lots of cold water. Cover and convey to the boil over excessive warmth. Boil, partially included, for 12-15 mins or until the beetroot are just soft when tested with a skewer. (See microwave tip.) Drain.
- Meanwhile, soften the butter in a huge heavy-based frying pan over medium warmth. Add the eschalots and garlic, and prepare dinner, stirring, for 2 mins. Stir inside the wine, orange juice and sugar. Bring to the boil over excessive heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, exposed, for 10 mins. Remove from the warmth.
- Put on rubber gloves and peel the beetroot. Cut each bulb into quarters.
- Add the mustard to the pan, and stir to mix. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Add the beetroot to the pan and go back to low heat. Sprinkle with chives and lightly toss until properly covered and heated through.
Nutritions of Orange & mustard beetrootfatContent: 254.296 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 30 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 30 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 4 grams protein