Quick teriyaki eggplant
The ingredient of Quick teriyaki eggplant
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- three garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 750g eggplant, trimmed, reduce into 1.5cm-thick rounds
- 60ml (1/four cup) mirin
- 60ml (1/four cup) light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Steamed sushi rice, to serve (see notes)
- Shredded wombok (Chinese cabbage), to serve
- MasterFoodsu00ae Sesame Seeds, to serve
- Green shallot curls, to serve (optional, see notes)
The instruction how to make Quick teriyaki eggplant
- Heat a wok over high warmth. Add the oil and swirl to coat. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds or till fragrant. Add the eggplant and prepare dinner for two minutes each side or till golden brown. Add 60ml (1/4 cup) water. Cover the wok and simmer for three-five mins or until the water has evaporated and eggplant is smooth.
- Meanwhile, integrate the mirin, soy sauce, sake and sugar in a bowl. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the mirin combination to the wok. Stir-fry for two mins or till the eggplant is golden and sauce is reduced. Serve eggplant with rice and cabbage. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and pinnacle with green shallot curls, if you want.
Nutritions of Quick teriyaki eggplantfatContent: