Tea-poached bird with asparagus salad
The ingredient of Tea-poached bird with asparagus salad
- 2L (eight cups) water
- 2 complete megastar anise
- 60g (1/three cup, lightly packed) brown sugar
- 4 appropriate-best black tea baggage, consisting of orange pekoe
- 6 small (about 1.2kg) chook breast fillets, trimmed
- 750ml (three cups) water, greater
- 430g (2 cups) SunRice Japanese Style Sushi Rice
- 80ml (1/three cup) sushi seasoning
- 2 half tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 bunches asparagus, steamed, halved
- 120g mixed baby Asian salad leaves
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
The instruction how to make Tea-poached bird with asparagus salad
- Bring water, star anise and half the sugar to boil in a deep frying pan over medium warmth. Season. Add tea baggage. Set apart for 10 mins to infuse. Discard tea luggage. Bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Add chicken. Simmer, turning once, for 15 mins. Transfer to a plate, booking 2 tablespoons liquid. Set apart for 10 minutes to rest.
- Bring the extra water to boil in a saucepan over excessive heat. Add rice. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until soft. Set aside, included, for 10 mins. Use a fork to fold inside the sushi seasoning.
- Meanwhile, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, reserved poaching liquid and closing sugar in a small jug.
- Thickly slice the bird. Serve with rice, asparagus and salad leaves. Drizzle over the dressing and sprinkle the sesame seeds.
Nutritions of Tea-poached bird with asparagus saladfatContent: 598.934 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 84 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 25 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 51 grams protein
sodiumContent: 118 milligrams cholesterol