Home-style baked beans with crispy bacon
The ingredient of Home-style baked beans with crispy bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 6 cloves
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed and tired
- 800g can Italian diced roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- three bay leaves
- 500g bacon bones
- 6 rashers of bacon, trimmed
The instruction how to make Home-style baked beans with crispy bacon
- Preheat oven to one hundred eightyu00b0C. Heat oil in a big ovenproof casserole dish over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or till tender. Add cloves, beans, tomatoes, molasses, sugar and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Stir nicely, then carry to the boil. Reduce warmth and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add bacon bones and cowl with lid or foil. Bake for forty five minutes, or till beans are tender and sauce is thick. Remove and discard bacon bones.
- Cook bacon in a frying pan over medium-excessive heat for two to 3 minutes on every side. Serve beans crowned with crispy bacon and on toast, if desired.
Nutritions of Home-style baked beans with crispy baconfatContent: 369.733 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 42.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 26.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 37.6 milligrams cholesterol