Fish, fennel and bacon pie
The ingredient of Fish, fennel and bacon pie
- 1kg boneless white fish fillets, reduce into chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- four rashers top-high-quality rindless bacon, chopped
- four small fennel bulbs, cut into quarters
- 100g butter, plus extra to brown
- 50g simple flour
- 400ml milk
- 200ml skinny cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 900g desiree or pontiac potatoes, peeled, reduce into cubes
The instruction how to make Fish, fennel and bacon pie
- Preheat oven to 190u00b0C.
- Place fish in an 2.Five-litre baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onion, bacon and fennel and prepare dinner over medium-low warmth for about 10 minutes till softened but not browned. Place on pinnacle of the fish.
- Place 1/2 the butter, the flour, 300ml of the milk and the cream in a saucepan over low warmness. Use a small whisk to whisk constantly until thick. Season with salt and pepper. Add the parsley and pour over the fish.
- Cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water till tender. Drain, then mash with ultimate butter and milk. Season with salt and pepper, then use a fork to unfold flippantly over pie.
- Dot with extra butter and bake on a baking tray within the oven for forty minutes.
Nutritions of Fish, fennel and bacon piefatContent: 500.466 calories
saturatedFatContent: 31 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 24 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 31 grams protein
sodiumContent: 141 milligrams cholesterol