Penne with broccoli and bacon
The ingredient of Penne with broccoli and bacon
- 300g penne rigate
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 bacon rashers, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 sparkling long pink chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (45g) toasted pine nuts
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Penne with broccoli and bacon
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water following packet guidelines till al dente, including the broccoli within the remaining 1 minute of cooking. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, use a zester to dispose of rind from lemon. (see notes). Juice the lemon.
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over medium warmness. Add the bacon to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for five mins or till gently golden. Add the garlic and chilli to the pan and cook for 1 minute or till fragrant. Remove from warmth.
- Add the bacon mixture, pine nuts, lemon rind and 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice to the pasta mixture. Gently toss to combine.
- Spoon pasta flippantly among serving bowls. Top with shaved parmesan and serve at once.
Nutritions of Penne with broccoli and baconfatContent: 704.333 calories
saturatedFatContent: 41 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 54 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 26 grams protein
sodiumContent: 48 milligrams cholesterol