Roast lemon and bacon-wrapped turkey recipe
The ingredient of Roast lemon and bacon-wrapped turkey recipe
- 4kg complete turkey
- 500g packet streaky bacon, halved lengthways
- 2 small lemons, thinly sliced
- 50g butter, melted
- 1/three cup maple syrup
- Buttered asparagus, to serve
- Buttered inexperienced beans, to serve
- half of cup skinless hazelnuts, chopped
- 100g butter, chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, beaten
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh lemon thyme leaves, plus greater sprigs to serve
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sparkling flat-leaf parsley leaves
- four half of cups fresh breadcrumbs
- half cup dried cranberries, more or less chopped
The instruction how to make Roast lemon and bacon-wrapped turkey recipe
- To make the cranberry and hazelnut stuffing: Place hazelnuts in a frying pan over medium warmness. Cook, stirring from time to time, for four mins or till golden and toasted. Transfer to a massive heatproof bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter in pan over medium warmth. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and herbs. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or till fragrant. Add to hazelnuts in bowl. Set apart for 30 minutes to cool. Add breadcrumbs and cranberries. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until nicely blended.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-pressured. Remove and discard neck from turkey. Pat dry interior and out with paper towel. Loosely fill neck hollow space with some of the stuffing. Using toothpicks, secure skin over neck hollow space to enclose stuffing. Fill big cavity with final stuffing. Secure pores and skin over cavity with toothpicks. Tie legs together with kitchen string. Tuck wings beneath turkey
- Place a greased wire rack in a big flameproof roasting pan. Place turkey on rack. Using the photo as a guide, arrange bacon and lemon slices slightly overlapping over turkey breasts. Secure with toothpicks. Brush turkey throughout with melted butter. Cover tightly with greased foil.
- Roast turkey for two hours. Remove and discard foil. Brush throughout with maple syrup. Roast, basting turkey every 15 minutes with pan juices, for a similarly forty five mins or until turkey is golden and juices run clear when thigh is pierced with a skewer.
- Transfer turkey to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Stand for 15 mins. Remove toothpicks. Sprinkle with extra thyme. Serve with asparagus and green beans.
Nutritions of Roast lemon and bacon-wrapped turkey recipefatContent: 995.674 calories
saturatedFatContent: 57.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 23.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 58.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 58.9 grams protein