Steamed red meat buns
The ingredient of Steamed red meat buns
- 100g piece pork shoulder
- 5cm piece clean ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, beaten
- Pinch of salt
- 190g (1 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons (7g/1 sachet) dried yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 60ml (1/four cup) milk
- 60ml (1/four cup) lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
The instruction how to make Steamed red meat buns
- Place the red meat and ginger in a medium saucepan, and cowl with bloodless water. Cover with a lid and produce to the boil over excessive warmth. Reduce warmness to low and poach, blanketed, for forty five minutes. Drain and discard the ginger. Set aside for 15 mins or till the red meat is cool sufficient to handle.
- Use your palms to shred the pork and then use a sharp knife to finely chop. Place in a huge bowl. Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce and garlic, and stir until well blended. Taste and season with salt. Cover with plastic wrap and area within the refrigerator until required.
- To make the dough, area the flour, sugar, yeast and salt in a massive bowl. Make a properly in the centre. Combine the milk, water and 1 half tablespoons of the oil in a small bowl and add to the dry ingredients. Use a timber spoon to stir until blended. Use your arms to bring the mixture collectively to shape a tender, sticky dough.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for five minutes or till clean and elastic. Brush a huge bowl with the final oil to gently grease. Place the dough within the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and area in a heat, draught-loose area to prove for 30 minutes or till the dough doubles in size.
- Punch down the dough in the centre with your fist. Turn onto a gently floured surface and knead once more for two-3 minutes or until easy and elastic and returned to its unique length. Return to the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and vicinity in a warm draught-free location to prove for a further half-hour.
- Punch down dough within the centre again and use your palms to shape right into a five x 20cm log. Use a pointy knife to reduce into six identical quantities. Use a spherical 7cm cutter as a guide to cut six discs from non-stick baking paper.
- To make the beef buns, flatten each dough component till approximately 1.5cm thick. Place 1 tablespoonful of pork mixture onto centre of each. Stretch the dough round filling, bringing the rims collectively and pinch to enclose the filling. Roll to form a ball. Place every bun, pinched-side down, on a disc of non-stick baking paper. Use a small sharp knife to reduce a pass about 5mm deep in the top. Place buns with the paper under in a 30cm bamboo steaming basket. Cover tightly with basket lid.
- Bring 5cm of water to the boil in a medium wok over excessive warmness. Reduce warmness to medium-high. Place steaming basket within the wok over the boiling water. Steam the red meat buns for 20 mins or until the buns are light and fluffy and cooked via.
Nutritions of Steamed red meat bunsfatContent: