Honey-soy braised beef
The ingredient of Honey-soy braised beef
- 2kg-piece boneless pork shoulder
- 125ml (half cup) soy sauce
- 125ml (1/2 cup) candy sherry
- 125ml (half of cup) honey
- 2 complete celebrity anise
- 5cm-piece sparkling ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 x 7cm cinnamon stick
- 625ml (2 1/2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid inventory
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Steamed Asian vegetables, to serve
The instruction how to make Honey-soy braised beef
- Place the pork in a massive heavy-based saucepan. Add the soy sauce, sherry, honey, superstar anise, ginger and cinnamon.
- Add enough stock to the pan to reach three-quarters of the manner up the facet of the red meat, including extra stock or water if important. Place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to very low. Simmer lightly, protected, skimming the surface occasionally and turning the beef every 30 minutes, for 3 hours or till the red meat is soft.
- Transfer the red meat to a big bowl and cowl with foil to keep heat. Line a huge sieve with paper towel. Strain the cooking liquid through the covered sieve right into a large bowl. Return the liquid to the saucepan over medium warmness and bring to a simmer.
- Combine the water and cornflour in a small bowl until a smooth paste bureaucracy. Add the cornflour combination to the pan. Cook, stirring, for two mins or until the sauce boils and thickens slightly.
- Thickly slice the pork throughout the grain. Divide the rice and vegetables among serving dishes. Top with red meat and sauce to serve.
Nutritions of Honey-soy braised beeffatContent: 537.272 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 30 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 28 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 67 grams protein
sodiumContent: 207 milligrams cholesterol