Pork and sausage cassoulet
The ingredient of Pork and sausage cassoulet
- 1/4 cup more virgin olive oil
- 1kg beef shoulder, trimmed, reduce into 3cm pieces
- 450g packet Italian-style sausages
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Massel fowl fashion liquid stock
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 450g loaf ciabatta, crusts eliminated, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon sage leaves, finely shredded
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
The instruction how to make Pork and sausage cassoulet
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan-pressured. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a massive flameproof casserole dish. Cook red meat, in batches, for five minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Add sausages to dish. Cook, turning, for five minutes or till browned all over. Transfer to a plate. Thickly slice sausages and set apart.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the remaining oil in dish. Add onion, fennel and carrot. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion has softened. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until garlic is aromatic.
- Return pork and sausage to dish with tomato, chicken stock and bay leaves. Bring to the boil. Remove from warmness. Transfer to oven and bake, included, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours or until red meat is tender.
- Increase oven temperature to 200C/180C fan-pressured. Combine bread, sage and closing oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add beans to cassoulet. Stir to mix. Scatter bread mixture over pinnacle of cassoulet. Bake for 15 to twenty mins or until topping is golden and crisp. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve.
Nutritions of Pork and sausage cassouletfatContent: 472.264 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 33.2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 35.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 92 milligrams cholesterol