Caramelised apple and sage red meat with thyme salt crackling recipe
The ingredient of Caramelised apple and sage red meat with thyme salt crackling recipe
- 25g butter
- 1 eschalot, finely chopped
- 1 huge granny smith apple, peeled, reduce into 2cm portions
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup clean breadcrumbs
- 2kg rolled red meat loin
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped clean thyme leaves
- Roasted baby (Dutch) carrots, to serve
- Gravy, to serve
The instruction how to make Caramelised apple and sage red meat with thyme salt crackling recipe
- Melt butter in a medium frying pan over medium-high warmth. Add eschalot and apple. Cook, stirring, for three to four mins or until golden. Add sugar and 1 tablespoon water. Cook, stirring, for two to a few mins or till sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil. Reduce warmth to low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until caramelised. Add sage. Cook for 1 minute or till slightly thickened. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Set aside to chill for 30 minutes.
- Add breadcrumbs to apple mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to mix.
- Preheat oven to 250C/230C fan-pressured. Remove string from beef. Unroll. Pat rind dry with paper towel. Score at 1cm intervals. Place beef, pores and skin-aspect down, on board. Slice crossways through thickest a part of the meat, being cautious not to cut the entire manner through. Open out to shape 1 large piece. Press stuffing over beef. Roll up to enclose. Tie with kitchen string at 3cm durations to relaxed. Place on a lightly greased twine rack in a large flameproof roasting pan. Combine sea salt and thyme in a bowl. Rub throughout beef.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 180C/160C fan-compelled. Roast for a similarly 1 hour 30 minutes or until juices run clean while a skewer is inserted into centre of pork. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Slice beef and serve with carrots and gravy.
Nutritions of Caramelised apple and sage red meat with thyme salt crackling recipefatContent: 704.094 calories
saturatedFatContent: 44.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 17.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 20.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 53.1 grams protein