Sweet and bitter red meat meatballs recipe
The ingredient of Sweet and bitter red meat meatballs recipe
- 2 slices bread, crusts removed
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 500g red meat mince
- three inexperienced shallots, finely chopped
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 egg
- three tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pink capsicum, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 227g can pineapple chunks in juice
- 125ml (half of cup) tomato sauce
- 60ml (1/4 cup) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Steamed brown rice, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve (optionally available)
- Bean sprouts, to serve (elective)
The instruction how to make Sweet and bitter red meat meatballs recipe
- Place the bread in a bowl and cover with the milk. Set apart for two minutes to soak. Squeeze out the milk and vicinity the bread in a big bowl.
- Add the red meat mince, shallot, ginger, garlic, cornflour, egg and 1 tablespoon soy sauce to the bread combination. Use your arms to combine gently to mix. Season. Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a huge frying pan over medium heat. Add the meatballs, in batches, and cook, tossing, for 8 minutes or till golden. Transfer to a separate plate.
- Heat the final 1 tablespoon oil within the pan over medium-high warmness. Add the onion and capsicum and prepare dinner, stirring, for 3-four minutes or till barely softened. Reduce heat to low. Add the pineapple and juice from the can, tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar and remaining 2 tbs soy sauce and produce to the boil. Reduce the warmth to medium and upload the meatballs. Cook, stirring, for four-five mins or till the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce thickens.
- Divide rice amongst serving bowls. Top with meatballs and sauce. Scatter over coriander and bean sprouts, if you like.
Nutritions of Sweet and bitter red meat meatballs recipefatContent: 633.111 calories
saturatedFatContent: 26 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 61 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 35 grams protein