Roast tomato and basil soup
The ingredient of Roast tomato and basil soup
- 1 bulb garlic, unpeeled, cloves separated
- 1kg roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sparkling basil leaves, finely shredded
- 1 massive brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/three cup tomato paste
- 2 cups Massel chicken fashion liquid stock
- Toasted ciabatta bread, to serve
- Small fresh basil leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Roast tomato and basil soup
- Preheat oven to a hundred and eightyu00b0C/a hundred and sixtyu00b0C fan-forced. Line a tray with baking paper. Place tomato (reduce-side up) and garlic cloves on prepared tray. Drizzle with half of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for forty minutes or until tomato is soft. Remove from oven. Set aside to cool barely.
- Peel garlic. Discard skins. Process tomato, garlic and 1/2 the shredded basil till smooth. Strain through a sieve into a heatproof bowl. Discard tomato seeds.
- Heat final oil in a large saucepan over medium-high warmth. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for three mins or till smooth. Add tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or till fragrant. Add stock and tomato combination. Bring to the boil. Reduce warmth to low. Simmer, stirring every so often, for 10 minutes or till mixture has thickened slightly. Stir in closing shredded basil. Season with pepper. Ladle into bowls. Top with basil leaves. Serve with bread.
Nutritions of Roast tomato and basil soupfatContent: 175.426 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 12 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 5 grams protein