Minted pea & ham soup
The ingredient of Minted pea & ham soup
- 20g (1 tablespoon) butter
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 500g (2 1/2 cups) green cut up peas
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard powder
- 1kg ham bones
- 10 sparkling mint sprigs, coarsely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh mint leaves, to garnish
The instruction how to make Minted pea & ham soup
- Melt butter in a huge saucepan over medium warmness and prepare dinner onion for 5 mins or until tender. Place cut up peas in a strainer and rinse underneath cold going for walks water till it runs clear. Drain.
- Add cut up peas and mustard powder to the saucepan and stir until combined. Add ham bones and 1.5 litres (6 cups) water, or enough to cowl ingredients inside the pan. Bring to the boil, add mint sprigs and decrease heat to medium. Cover and simmer for forty five minutes.
- Remove from warmth and cool barely.
- Remove ham bones from saucepan. Remove ham meat from bones and shred into bite-sized portions. Discard bones and reserve meat.
- Puree soup in batches in a food processor or blender. Return soup to the saucepan over medium warmth, upload reserved meat and reheat. Season to taste with pepper.
- Ladle into soup bowls, garnish with mint leaves and serve with lemon pepper lavoche bread.
Nutritions of Minted pea & ham soupfatContent: 443.106 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 58 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 30 grams protein
sodiumContent: 11 milligrams cholesterol