Hearty fowl soup
The ingredient of Hearty fowl soup
- 1.3kg entire hen
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, chopped
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped
- 10 Masterfoods Black Peppercorns
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 5 flat-leaf parsley stalks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium leek, trimmed, halved, washed, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, overwhelmed
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, diced
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium (300g) swede, peeled, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/four cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Hearty fowl soup
- Make stock. Wash chicken beneath cold water. Pat dry with absorbent paper. Trim any extra fat from chook. Place chook in a massive saucepan. Add onion, carrot, celery, peppercorns, bay leaves and parsley stalks. Pour enough bloodless water into pan to just cover fowl. Cover with lid. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially included for 1 hour or till hen is cooked through, skimming surface throughout cooking. Remove from warmth.
- Carefully carry fowl from broth. Transfer to a plate. Strain broth via a muslin-covered sieve over a huge heatproof bowl. Discard greens. Cool stock. Cover, refrigerate in a single day.
- Meanwhile, cast off and discard skin and bones from bird. Shred chook. Cover, refrigerate in a single day.
- Make soup. Remove stock from refrigerator. Skim any fat from floor. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-excessive warmness. Add leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, for five mins or until leek is tender. Add carrot, celery and swede. Cook, stirring, for five mins or until celery starts offevolved to soften.
- Add inventory and bird. Cover saucepan. Increase warmness to high. Bring to the boil. Reduce warmth to low. Simmer, covered for half-hour. Add zucchini. Simmer, included for 30 minutes or until vegetables are smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in chopped parsley. Serve soup with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Hearty fowl soupfatContent: