The ingredient of Beef wellington
- 800g red meat fillet
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 50g butter
- 1 eschalot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, overwhelmed
- 200g swiss brown mushrooms, finely chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon clean thyme leaves
- 6 frozen crepes, thawed
- half x 150g packet duck liver pate, jelly removed
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Steamed inexperienced beans, to serve
- 40g butter
- 1/four cup simple flour
- 1/four cup port
- 2 cups Massel pork stock
The instruction how to make Beef wellington
- Season beef with pepper. Heat oil in a massive frying pan over excessive heat. Add red meat. Cook for two mins every side or until browned throughout. Transfer to a large plate. Set apart to chill absolutely.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Add butter to pan. Add eschalot and garlic. Cook for two mins or until eschalot has softened. Add mushroom and thyme. Cook, stirring now and again, for 10 minutes or until tender and all liquid has evaporated. Transfer to a colander positioned over a bowl. Allow to chill.
- Place a 50cm lengthy piece of plastic wrap on a flat surface. Arrange crepes, barely overlapping, in 2 rows on plastic wrap. Leaving a 5cm border on all aspects, top crepes with mushroom aggregate. Spread pate frivolously over pork. Place beef on centre of crepes. Using plastic wrap as a manual, fold crepes over beef to surround. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 20 mins to rest.
- Preheat oven to two hundredu00b0C/a hundred and eightyu00b0C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place 2 pastry sheets on a flat floor, slightly overlapping. Cut last pastry sheet in 1/2. Place pastry portions, barely overlapping, on one lengthy aspect. Press joins to seal. Remove and discard plastic wrap from beef. Place on centre of pastry. Fold lengthy aspects of pastry over red meat to cowl, trimming extra pastry (reserve trimmings). Fold in brief sides to surround. Press to seal. Place beef, seam-side down, on organized baking tray. Brush with egg. Cut leaf shapes from reserved pastry trimmings. Place on pinnacle of wellington and brush with egg. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for fifty mins for medium or till cooked on your liking. Stand, protected, for 15 mins to rest.
- Meanwhile, make gravy Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-excessive warmth until melted and foaming. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for two minutes or till bubbling. Gradually upload port, stirring constantly. Cook for 1 minute. Slowly add inventory, stirring till easy and combined. Bring to the boil. Reduce warmness to low. Simmer, stirring, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut red meat into thick slices. Serve with mashed potato, green beans and gravy.
Nutritions of Beef wellingtonfatContent: 971.296 calories
saturatedFatContent: 52.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 29.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 69.8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 46.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 223 milligrams cholesterol