Chicken, potato and spinach soup
The ingredient of Chicken, potato and spinach soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chook style liquid inventory
- 2 x 7cm pieces lemon rind, white pith eliminated
- Pinch of saffron threads
- 4 (approximately 600g) desiree potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 small (approximately 400g) single hen breast fillets, extra fats trimmed, halved lengthways, thinly sliced crossways
- 1 bunch English spinach, ends trimmed, washed, coarsely chopped
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken, potato and spinach soup
- Heat the oil in a big saucepan over medium warmth. Add the onion and cook dinner, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the inventory, lemon rind and saffron and convey to the boil. Reduce warmth to low. Add the potato and cook, included, for half-hour or till just gentle.
- Add the hen and spinach to the soup and cook dinner, stirring, for 2 minutes or till the fowl is just cooked via. Taste and season with pepper.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Serve immediately with crusty bread, if preferred.
Nutritions of Chicken, potato and spinach soupfatContent: 268.875 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 23 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 31 grams protein