French onion soup
The ingredient of French onion soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 60g butter
- 1kg brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons simple flour
- 750ml (three cups) Massel red meat style liquid stock
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 2 sprigs clean thyme
- 2 crusty bread rolls, reduce into 1cm-thick slices
- 40g (1/three cup) coarsely grated gruyere or Swiss cheese
- Fresh thyme sprigs, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make French onion soup
- Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium warmth. Add the onion and cook dinner, stirring, for 10 minutes or till the onion softens. Add the sugar and cook, stirring every so often, for 8-10 minutes or till the onion is golden.
- Add the flour to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1-2 mins. Remove from warmness. Gradually upload the inventory and wine, stirring till combined.
- Place the onion aggregate over medium warmth. Add the thyme and prepare dinner, stirring constantly, for 5 mins or till the aggregate thickens. Cover and simmer, stirring every now and then, for a in addition five minutes. Season with pepper.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on medium. Place bread on a baking tray. Cook below grill for 1-2 minutes or till toasted. Turn and sprinkle with the gruyere. Cook under grill for a similarly 1-2 mins or till the gruyere melts.
- Ladle soup amongst serving bowls. Top with croutons and additional thyme to serve.
Nutritions of French onion soupfatContent: 376.425 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 28 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 14 grams protein