Goulash soup is a warming and hearty Hungarian soup.
The ingredient of Goulash soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400g beef chuck steak, trimmed, cubed
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3 1/2 cups Massel beef style liquid stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 450g sebago potatoes, peeled, cubed
- Sour cream, to serve
- Fresh chives, to serve
The instruction how to make Goulash soup
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook steak, stirring, in 2 batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add onion and carrot to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add stock and tomato. Stir to combine. Add steak. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour or until steak is tender. Add potato. Cook, partially covered, for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened and potato tender.
- Season with pepper. Ladle into bowls. Dollop with sour cream. Sprinkle with chives. Serve.
Nutritions of Goulash soupfatContent: 301.857 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 21 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 26 grams protein
sodiumContent: 62 milligrams cholesterol