The ingredient of Zucchini soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 750g (about 7) zucchini, grated
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 2 Massel vegetable stock cubes, crumbled
- 100ml thickened cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Zucchini soup
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, uncovered, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until slightly soft. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add the zucchini and cook, uncovered, stirring, for 2 minutes or until slightly soft. Stir in the water and stock cubes. Increase heat to high, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, partially covered, for 7 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
- Transfer the mixture to the bowl of a food processor, or use a hand blender, and process until smooth. Return the soup to the pan and stir in the cream. Taste and season with pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until warmed through (do not allow to boil). Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Zucchini soupfatContent: 146.746 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 5 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 26 milligrams cholesterol