Roasted chook provencale
The ingredient of Roasted chook provencale
- 500g truss tomatoes, cut into thick wedges
- 2 red capsicums, thickly sliced
- 1 brown onion, halved, reduce into skinny wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2kg whole sparkling hen, cut into 10 portions
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, beaten
- 375ml (1 half cups) Massel fowl fashion liquid stock
- 125ml (half cup) white wine
- 6 big clean marjoram sprigs
- 160g (1 cup) Sicilian green olives
- Potato Pave (see associated recipe), to serve
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Roasted chook provencale
- Preheat oven to 200C. Place the tomato, capsicum and onion in a large flameproof roasting dish. Add oil and toss to mix. Season. Roast for 25 minutes or till softened slightly.
- Meanwhile, season the hen with salt and pepper. Heat a big, non-stick frying pan over excessive warmness. Cook half of the fowl, pores and skin-facet down, for two mins or till light golden. Turn and cook dinner for two minutes. Transfer to a large plate. Repeat with the final chook.
- Add the tomato paste, garlic and fennel to the tomato aggregate and stir to mix. Pour over the stock and wine. Top with the fowl and 1/2 the marjoram. Roast for forty mins or till the hen is tender.
- Transfer the chook to a platter. Cover loosely with foil. Place roasting dish over high warmness. Simmer, stirring regularly, for 10 mins or until decreased slightly. Stir inside the olives and ultimate marjoram. Pour across the bird. Serve with Potato Pave and mixed salad leaves.
Nutritions of Roasted chook provencalefatContent: 411.08 calories
saturatedFatContent: 26 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 9.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 31 grams protein