Chicken, pancetta and thyme pies
The ingredient of Chicken, pancetta and thyme pies
- 1.Eight-2 kg complete chicken
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 50g butter
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 80g thick reduce pancetta, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/three cup flour
- 2 cups Massel fowl style liquid stock
- 1 cup Bulla Cru00e8me Frau00eeche
- 1 tablespoon sparkling thyme leaves
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 sheets puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg, crushed
The instruction how to make Chicken, pancetta and thyme pies
- Poach or roast the bird and whilst cool sufficient to address shred the meat and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 220C (200C fan-forced). Heat oil and butter till warm. Add leek, onion, pancetta and garlic. Cook until onions are tender. Stir in flour and prepare dinner stirring for 2-three minutes. Then add cool hen inventory mixing until well included. Cook for 3-4 minutes till simmering and remove from warmth. Stir in fowl, cru00e8me frau00eeche and thyme. Season to taste. Set aside to chill. Then refrigerate till assembling pies.
- Cut rounds of pastry to fit base of eight pie tins, press into tins, then fill every pastry case with fowl filling. Cut smaller rounds of pastry to match the pinnacle of pie tin. Cover fowl filling and pinch the pastry edges collectively to seal pie. Brush tops with beaten egg, and bake for 15-18 minutes until golden and puffed.
Nutritions of Chicken, pancetta and thyme piesfatContent: