The ingredient of Chicken peratal
- 1.5kg chicken thigh fillets, every cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon floor turmeric (see be aware)
- 12 cloves garlic, crushed
- 160ml (2/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 8 small onions, (6 thinly sliced, 2 finely chopped)
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 4 sprigs curry leaves, (see word) leaves picked, plus extra, to serve
- three cinnamon quills
- 10 cardamom pods (see note)
- five celebrity anise (see be aware)
- three teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons floor fennel
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder (see observe)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (see notice)
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons mild soy sauce
- Basmati rice, to serve
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, coarsely grated
- 280g (1 cup) Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- half of teaspoon floor cumin, plus extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken peratal
- Combine hen, turmeric, -thirds of the garlic and 1 teaspoon salt in a massive bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Heat 60ml (1/four cup) oil in a large frying pan over mediumu2013excessive warmth. Add sliced onions and 1 teaspoon salt, and cook, stirring often, for 20 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium and upload 60ml (1/4 cup) oil to the pan. Place 1/2 the fowl in a unmarried layer inside the pan and prepare dinner for 1 minute each side or until browned (make sure you best brown the fowl and now not cook it all of the way thru). Transfer to a tray. Repeat with the last chook, including a touch greater oil, if necessary.
- Wipe the pan smooth, vicinity over medium warmth and add last 2 tablespoons oil. Add chopped onions and cook for five mins or until smooth. Add remaining garlic and ginger, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add curry leaves, cinnamon quills, cardamom pods, celebrity anise, cumin, fennel, chilli powder and curry powder, and stir for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add 125ml (half of cup) water and go back the hen to the pan and cook dinner for 5 mins or till the bird is cooked via and the sauce thickens barely.
- Meanwhile, to make cucumber raita, vicinity cucumbers, yoghurt, mint and cumin in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Stir sugar, soy sauce and sliced onions into the curry till blended. Transfer to a massive bowl and top with greater curry leaves. Serve with rice and raita, sprinkled with extra cumin.
Nutritions of Chicken peratalfatContent: 878.086 calories
saturatedFatContent: 69 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 15 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 13 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 49 grams protein
sodiumContent: 204 milligrams cholesterol