Basic butter cake
The ingredient of Basic butter cake
- 125g butter, chopped, at room temperature (see Notes)
- three/four cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self-elevating flour, sifted
- 2/three cup milk
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 15g butter
- 1-2 tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
The instruction how to make Basic butter cake
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease a deep, 20cm round cake pan. Line base with baking paper.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla together in a big bowl the usage of an electric powered mixer, till pale and creamy. (see Notes)
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, scraping down sides of bowl. Lightly fold flour into creamed aggregate alternately with milk, beginning and finishing with flour. Spoon mixture into organized pan, smoothing top.
- Bake for 40-45 mins, or till cooked, when examined. Cool in pan for five minutes, before turning onto a cord rack to chill absolutely.
- To make the vanilla icing: Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add butter, water and vanilla. Beat properly with a wooden spoon till a easy spreadable consistency. Spread over cooled cake. Decorate, if preferred. Store in an airtight container.
Nutritions of Basic butter cakefatContent: