Hazelnut cakes with frosted cherries
The ingredient of Hazelnut cakes with frosted cherries
- Melted butter, to grease
- 150g (1 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 75g (1/2 cup) simple flour
- 155g (1 half of cups) ground hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- 6 egg whites
- 180g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 115g (half cup) caster sugar
- 24 (approximately 200g) cherries, stems connected
- 185g (3/four cup) mascarpone
The instruction how to make Hazelnut cakes with frosted cherries
- Preheat oven to 2 hundredu00b0C. Lightly grease a 17 x 25cm (base measurement) slab cake pan with melted butter. Line base with non-stick baking paper.
- Sift icing sugar and flour into a bowl. Add hazelnuts and cinnamon, and blend until well mixed. Use a balloon whisk to whisk five egg whites in a bowl until frothy. Use a big metallic spoon to fold egg whites into hazelnut mixture. Add melted butter and fold in until just blended. Spoon into organized pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 mins or till golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside for 15 mins earlier than turning onto a twine rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, line a tray with non-stick baking paper. Use a fork to whisk remaining egg white in a bowl until frothy. Place caster sugar in a separate small bowl. Hold a cherry via the stem and brush with a touch egg white to calmly coat. Dip into the sugar and flip to coat. Place, upright, at the covered tray. Repeat with remaining cherries. Set aside for 15 minutes or till dry.
- To serve, use a round three.5cm cutter to cut 24 discs from hazelnut cake. Top each with a small dollop of mascarpone and then with a frosted cherry.
Nutritions of Hazelnut cakes with frosted cherriesfatContent: 766.712 calories
saturatedFatContent: 54 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 26 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 60 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 50 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein