Wholesome hummingbird cake
The ingredient of Wholesome hummingbird cake
- 240g (1 half cups) wholemeal spelt flour
- 35g (1/three cup) rolled oats
- 35g (1/3 cup) desiccated coconut
- 60g (1/3 cup) coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 130g (half cup) Greek-fashion yoghurt
- 100ml light extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 60ml (1/4 cup) honey, plus more, to drizzle (elective)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large, very ripe bananas, mashed
- 440g can beaten pineapple in juice, drained
- Toasted coconut flakes, to serve (non-compulsory)
- Lime zest, to serve (optional)
- 200g mild cream cheese, at room temperature
- 70g (1/four cup) Greek-fashion yoghurt
- three teaspoons honey
- 1 lime, rind finely grated
The instruction how to make Wholesome hummingbird cake
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan compelled. Grease the bottom and facet of a 22cm (base measurement) springform pan with oil and line with baking paper.
- Combine the flour, oats, coconut, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and bicarb in a large bowl. Make a nicely in the centre. Place yoghurt, oil, eggs, honey and vanilla in a jug. Use a fork to whisk to mix.
- Add the yoghurt mixture, banana and pineapple to the properly. Stir until well mixed. Spoon into the organized pan and easy the floor. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted inside the centre of the cake comes out easy. Cool inside the pan for 10 mins. Transfer to a wire rack to chill absolutely.
- For the frosting, region the cream cheese, yoghurt, honey and lime rind in a bowl. Use a timber spoon to overcome till clean.
- Spread frosting flippantly over the cake. Drizzle with more honey and sprinkle with coconut flakes and lime zest, if the usage of.
Nutritions of Wholesome hummingbird cakefatContent: 318.109 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 36 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein