Gluten-free lemon and honey cake
The ingredient of Gluten-free lemon and honey cake
- four lemons
- 60g butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup honey, plus extra to serve
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/three cup greater virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon gluten-loose baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachio kernels, toasted
- Mascarpone, to serve
The instruction how to make Gluten-free lemon and honey cake
- Place 2 lemons in a medium saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes or until very soft. Drain. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice ultimate lemons.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-compelled. Grease and line a 6cm-deep, 20cm spherical cake pan.
- Place butter and a pair of tablespoons honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until melted and easy. Bring to a simmer. Pour over base of prepared pan. Arrange lemon slices in base of pan, slightly overlapping.
- Coarsely chop cooked lemon, disposing of and discarding seeds. Place chopped lemon in a meals processor. Process until pulpy. Add eggs, ultimate honey, vanilla and oil. Process until nicely combined. Add baking powder, almond meal and coconut. Process until just mixed.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out easy. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes. Turn out onto a twine rack to cool.
- Drizzle cake with more honey. Sprinkle with pistachios. Serve with mascarpone.
Nutritions of Gluten-free lemon and honey cakefatContent: