Orange and pistachio polenta cake
The ingredient of Orange and pistachio polenta cake
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups self-elevating flour, sifted
- 2/three cup polenta
- 1/2 cup pistachio kernels, chopped
- half of cup Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 1 orange, peeled, thinly sliced
- whipped cream, to serve
- half of cup caster sugar
- half cup orange juice
The instruction how to make Orange and pistachio polenta cake
- Preheat oven to a hundred and sixtyu00b0C/a hundred and fortyu00b0C fan-compelled. Grease a 6cm-deep, 22cm round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, orange rind and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition until simply mixed. Fold in flour, polenta, pistachios and yoghurt. Spread aggregate in prepared pan. Smooth top. Arrange orange slices over top of cake. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the centre comes out easy. Stand in pan for 10 mins. Turn out onto a cord rack. Cool pinnacle-side up.
- Meanwhile, make orange syrup: Combine sugar, juice and 1/four cup bloodless water in a saucepan over low warmth. Cook, stirring, for five minutes or till sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil. Reduce warmth to medium. Simmer for eight to 10 minutes or till thickened barely.
- Serve cake with syrup and cream.
Nutritions of Orange and pistachio polenta cakefatContent: 486.126 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 67 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 44 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 119 milligrams cholesterol