Fruit mince cake
The ingredient of Fruit mince cake
- 2 eggs, plus 1 eggwhite
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 410g jar fruit mince
- 2 half tablespoons (50ml) brandy
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 half cups dried combined fruit
- half cup lightly toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 three/4 cups (263g) undeniable flour, sifted
- 1 half of teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- Icing sugar, to dust
- 500g packaged almond paste
- 500g packaged fondant icing
The instruction how to make Fruit mince cake
- Preheat the oven (no longer fan-forced) to 170u00b0C. Grease and line the bottom and facets of an 18cm rectangular cake pan.
- Place 2 eggs, milk, fruit mince, brandy, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and stir to combine. Add mixed fruit and nuts, and sift in flour and baking powder. Stir until well blended, then place in prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes - if the cake is browning too quickly, loosely cowl with foil. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn out on a wire rack to chill absolutely.
- Warm jam in microwave, then brush throughout cake to help almond paste stick.
- Dust workbench with a bit icing sugar and roll out almond paste to a rectangular huge sufficient to cover pinnacle and sides of cake. Place over cake, trim excess and easy down using palms. Brush almond paste with eggwhite. Dust bench with a bit greater icing sugar and roll out fondant. Mould over cake and trim edges and base so that icing suits snugly. Place cake on serving plate, tie with ribbon and open out vegetation to decorate pinnacle and aspects.
Nutritions of Fruit mince cakefatContent: 1142.42 calories
saturatedFatContent: 45 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 160 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 133 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 20 grams protein