The ingredient of Currant cakes
- 2/3 cup (100g) currants
- Pinch of blended spice
- Pinch of floor nutmeg
- 1/3 cup (55g) combined peel
- 1/four cup (60g) brown sugar
- 60g unsalted butter, softened
- three sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 eggwhite, gently frothed
- Caster sugar, to sprinkle
The instruction how to make Currant cakes
- Preheat the oven to 2 hundredu00b0C. Line a huge baking tray with baking paper.
- Place currants, spices, peel, brown sugar and butter in a pan over low warmness, stirring for 1-2 mins till butter melts. Cool.
- Use a 10cm pastry cutter to reduce 12 rounds from the pastry. Place 1 heaped teaspoons currant aggregate inside the centre of each pastry round. Bring up facets of the pastry to enclose. Turn over and flatten slightly with a rolling pin so you can simply see the currants poking up beneath the pastry.
- Place desserts at the baking tray, then make 3 slits within the top of every. Brush tops with eggwhite and sprinkle with caster sugar. Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve warm or cooled.
Nutritions of Currant cakesfatContent: 250.95 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 24.7 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8.9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 2.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 11 milligrams cholesterol