Lamb & potato moussaka
The ingredient of Lamb & potato moussaka
- 4 (approximately 1kg) eggplants, reduce into 5mm-thick rounds
- 110ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500g minced lamb
- half of teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 5mm-thick rounds
- 25g (1/3 cup) fresh breadcrumbs
- 120g butter
- 100g (2/three cup) undeniable flour
- 750ml (3 cups) milk
- 280g (1 cup) Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 2 egg yolks
The instruction how to make Lamb & potato moussaka
- Preheat a chargrill pan over mediumu2013excessive warmth. Brush eggplants with 80ml (1/three cup) oil. Cook, in four batches, for two minutes every aspect or till charred.
- Heat last 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a huge frying pan over medium warmness. Add onion and garlic, and prepare dinner, stirring every so often, for 6 mins or till tender. Add mince, spices and tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, then cook dinner, stirring now and again, for 15 minutes or until sauce is thick.
- Meanwhile, location potatoes in a saucepan of cold salted water. Bring to a simmer over medium warmness and cook dinner for 2 minutes or until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 200C fan-pressured. To make bechamel, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir for 3 mins or until mixture starts offevolved to bubble at edges. Remove from heat and progressively whisk in milk until easy. Return pan to warmth and prepare dinner, stirring continuously, for six minutes or till very thick. Remove from warmth, season, then whisk in yoghurt and egg yolks. Makes 1L.
- Grease a 22cm x 34cm (6cm-deep) ovenproof dish. Place half the eggplant slices, slightly overlapping, in dish and scatter with 1/2 the breadcrumbs. Top with overlapping potato slices, then spoon over half of the be?Chamel. Top with lamb combination, closing eggplant and breadcrumbs. Pour over closing be?Chamel and season. Place on an oven tray and bake for 20 mins or till pinnacle is golden. Cool for 15 minutes, then serve.
Nutritions of Lamb & potato moussakafatContent: 788.222 calories
saturatedFatContent: 54 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 23 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 42 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 23 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 31 grams protein
sodiumContent: 162 milligrams cholesterol