Eggplant and potato curry
The ingredient of Eggplant and potato curry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 750g desiree potatoes, peeled, reduce into 3cm pieces
- 2 x 410g cans Ardmona Rich & Thick Indian Style chopped tomatoes with curry spices
- 1 large eggplant, reduce into 3cm portions
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, kind of chopped
- Steamed Basmati rice, to serve
- Extra coriander leaves, to serve
- Plain Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Pappadums, to serve
The instruction how to make Eggplant and potato curry
- Heat oil in a huge non-stick frying pan over medium warmth. Add mustard seeds. Cook for 1 to 2 mins or until seeds start to pop. Add onion. Cook, stirring once in a while, for 5 mins or till tender.
- Add potato, tomatoes and 1/2 cup bloodless water. Stir to mix. Bring to the boil. Reduce warmth to low. Cover and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add eggplant and stir to mix. Simmer, stirring sometimes, for 20 to 25 mins or until vegetables are gentle. Stir in coriander. Spoon rice into bowls. Top with curry. Sprinkle with extra coriander. Serve with yoghurt and pappadums.
Nutritions of Eggplant and potato curryfatContent: 231.113 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 34 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 14 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 8 grams protein