Potato & swede cottage pie
The ingredient of Potato & swede cottage pie
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, beaten
- 700g pork mince
- 2 Massel pork fashion inventory cubes, crumbled
- 125ml (half cup) boiling water
- 1 x 420g can complete peeled tomatoes
- 95g (1/three cup) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1/3 cup loosely packed coarsely chopped sparkling continental parsley leaves
- Pinch of salt
- three large (approximately 600g) coliban potatoes, peeled, reduce into 2cm cubes
- 1 (approximately 300g) swede, peeled, reduce into 2cm cubes
- 80ml (1/three cup) heat milk
- 40g butter
The instruction how to make Potato & swede cottage pie
- Heat the oil in a massive saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or till the onion softens. Add mince and prepare dinner, stirring to interrupt up any lumps, for 5 minutes or till mince adjustments color.
- Place inventory cubes in a heatproof jug and pour over boiling water. Stir till stock cubes dissolve. Add to mince with tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaves. Bring to the boil. Reduce warmth to medium-low and simmer, blanketed, for 45 minutes. Uncover and cook dinner for a further half-hour or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat, stir in parsley and season with salt. Spoon mince into 6 square, 500ml (2-cup) potential shallow ovenproof dishes.
- Meanwhile, place the potato and swede in a steaming basket over a saucepan of simmering water. Steam for 10 mins or until gentle (see microwave tip).
- Preheat grill on excessive. Transfer potato to a bowl. Add milk and half of the butter. Use a potato masher to mash till easy. Spoon mashed potato over beef combination. Dot with final butter. Cook beneath preheated grill, approximately 10cm from the heat source, for five minutes or till golden. Serve without delay.
Nutritions of Potato & swede cottage piefatContent: 410.124 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 29 grams protein
sodiumContent: 106 milligrams cholesterol