Pearl barley with mushrooms and pesto
The ingredient of Pearl barley with mushrooms and pesto
- four cups (1L) salt-reduced vegetable stock
- half of cup basil leaves
- 1/four cup (40g) pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup (25g) parmesan, finely grated (or vegetarian tough cheese)
- 3 garlic cloves, beaten
- 120g pkt Coles Brand Australian Baby Rocket
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 200g cup mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 leek, pale phase most effective, thinly sliced
- 1 half of cups (300g) pearl barley
- 1/3 cup (80g) light bitter cream
- Finely grated parmesan, more (non-compulsory), to serve
The instruction how to make Pearl barley with mushrooms and pesto
- Combine the inventory and 2 cups (500ml) water in a big saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce warmth to low and preserve at a gentle simmer.
- Meanwhile, region the basil, pine nuts, u00bc cup of the parmesan, 1 garlic clove and half of the rocket in a food processor and method till finely chopped. With the motor running, upload u00bc cup (60ml) of the oil in a thin, regular circulation till incorporated. Season.
- Heat the final oil in a massive deep frying pan over high warmth. Cook the blended mushroom, stirring, for five mins or till golden brown. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Add the leek and last garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until leek softens. Add the barley and stir to mix. Add a ladleful of the inventory and stir to combine. Cook, stirring every so often, until the stock is almost absorbed. Add the remaining inventory, in batches, stirring sometimes, for 30 minutes or till liquid is absorbed and barley is gentle. Add the mushroom, half of the bitter cream and last parmesan and stir to mix. Season.
- Divide barley combination among serving bowls. Top with pesto, closing sour cream and additional parmesan, if favored. Serve with closing rocket.
Nutritions of Pearl barley with mushrooms and pestofatContent: 603.714 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 51 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 14 grams protein