Pear muffins with ginger custard
The ingredient of Pear muffins with ginger custard
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 piece lemon peel
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 teaspoon grated clean ginger
- four pears (William or beurre bosc), peeled
- 2 x 375g pkts block puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly crushed
- 6 egg yolks
- 120g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 300ml milk
- 300ml thin cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g candied ginger, diced
The instruction how to make Pear muffins with ginger custard
- Half-fill a medium saucepan with bloodless water. Add sugar, lemon juice and peel, vanilla and ginger. Stir over low heat to dissolve the sugar. Add pears, then vicinity a chunk of greaseproof paper on top of liquid and simmer till just soft (the time relies upon on ripeness of pears). Remove pears and permit to chill.
- Preheat oven to a hundred ninetyu00b0C. Roll out each block of pastry to a 30 x 12cm rectangle on a floured board, then lift each sheet onto a baking tray coated with baking paper. Halve pears and area four pear halves alongside each pastry sheet, leaving area in between.
- Use a sharp knife to reduce a small indent round every pear. Brush exposed pastry with egg and bake for 20-25 mins or until pastry is puffed and golden.
- To make custard, area egg yolks, sugar and cornflour in a bowl and whisk to combine. Place milk, cream and vanilla in a pan and produce to the boil. Pour over egg combination and whisk lightly. Return to pan and cook dinner over low heat till slightly thickened, then add ginger. To save you a pores and skin forming, cover surface with baking paper till prepared to serve with the brownies.
Nutritions of Pear muffins with ginger custardfatContent: 702.66 calories
saturatedFatContent: 32 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 18 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 90 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 54 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 11 grams protein
sodiumContent: 189 milligrams cholesterol