The ingredient of Ginger sponge
- wheaten cornflour, for dusting
- four eggs
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/three cup wheaten cornflour
- 2/three cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- half of teaspoon floor cinnamon
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar mixture
The instruction how to make Ginger sponge
- Preheat oven to a hundred and eightyu00b0C/a hundred and sixtyu00b0C fan-forced. Grease 22cm (base) round cake pans. Dust sides of pan with a little cornflour.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and caster sugar for eight to 10 mins or till thick and creamy.
- Meanwhile, sift flours, cream of tartar, bicarbonate of soda, cocoa, ginger and cinnamon collectively 3 instances (see tip). Gently fold into egg mixture to mix. Divide combination among prepared pans. Bake for 18 to twenty minutes or till sponges spring back when touched. Line a cord rack with baking paper. Turn sponges out onto wire rack to chill.
- Using an electric powered mixer, beat cream, vanilla and half the icing sugar until tender peaks shape. Place 1 sponge on a plate. Spread with cream combination. Top with final sponge. Dust with remaining icing sugar. Serve.
Nutritions of Ginger spongefatContent: 328.386 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 38 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 24 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 148 milligrams cholesterol