Winter vegetable tagine
The ingredient of Winter vegetable tagine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 massive carrots, peeled, cut into 8cm lengths
- 1 huge parsnip, peeled, reduce into 8cm lengths
- 300g kumara, peeled, reduce into 2cm pieces
- 300g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm portions
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- half of teaspoon cayenne pepper
- half teaspoon ground saffron (see Notes)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cinnamon quills
- Massel vegetable liquid inventory or water, to cowl
- 400g canned chickpeas, tired, rinsed
- 2/three cup (100g) dried apricots
- 8 pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley or coriander
- half cup (40g) flaked almonds, toasted
- Harissa, to serve (optional)
- Couscous, to serve
The instruction how to make Winter vegetable tagine
- Heat oil in a large flameproof casserole over medium warmth. Add onion and cook, stirring, for five minutes or till softened.
- Add carrot, parsnip, kumara, pumpkin, tomato paste, cayenne, saffron, ginger, turmeric and cinnamon quills. Pour in enough vegetable inventory or water to simply cover and convey to a mild simmer. Cover and prepare dinner gently for forty five mins.
- Add the chickpeas, apricots, dates, and honey. Season, then simmer for a similarly 20 mins or until vegetables are gentle and the mixture is thick and soupy.
- Scatter with herbs and almonds. Serve with harissa and couscous, if desired.
Nutritions of Winter vegetable taginefatContent: