Carrot and chickpea pilaf
The ingredient of Carrot and chickpea pilaf
- 2 half of tablespoons olive oil
- 20g butter
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 55g (1/3 cup) currants
- 1 x 7cm cinnamon stick (see observe)
- three/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 330g (1 half cups) medium-grain rice, rinsed, tired
- 560ml (2 1/4 cups) water
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, tired
- 2 half tablespoons chopped sparkling dill
The instruction how to make Carrot and chickpea pilaf
- Heat the oil and butter in a huge, heavy-based saucepan over medium warmness. Cook the onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until smooth. Add the carrot, currants, cinnamon and allspice, and cook dinner, stirring, for two minutes or till the carrot starts offevolved to melt.
- Stir in the rice. Add water and convey to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 mins or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir within the chickpeas. Set aside, blanketed, for 15 minutes or till the rice is tender. Season with salt and pepper. Stir inside the dill.
Nutritions of Carrot and chickpea pilaffatContent: 377.62 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 58 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 9 grams protein